1. Identify the cause of the problem
There are two different causes, depending on the symptoms you are experiencing.
- Symptom A: You are unable to move and/or rotate the camera by holding down the right-mouse button while moving the mouse. However, you can still click on all buttons and sliders in Lumion. Please see solution A below to resolve this problem.
- Symptom B: You are unable to rotate the camera by holding down the right-mouse button while moving the mouse and you can't click on certain buttons/sliders. This problem affects Lumion 6 or newer after a file dialog window has been displayed in Lumion. Please see solution B below to resolve this problem.
2. Solution A:
2.1: An external USB or Bluetooth input device such as a joystick, tablet pen or a game controller (e.g. Xbox) is interfering with the navigation controls in Lumion.
Please disconnect those input devices and check if the problem has been resolved.
If you're using a Leap Motion device, you must unplug it and restart Windows.
2.2: If the Enable Tablet Input toggle button on the Settings screen is turned on, please turn it off if you are not using a tablet pen.
3. Solution B:
If the problem persists and it started occurring after the 24th of October 2019, it might be due to a rare error which is caused by a recent update in Microsoft Office. The symptom is that you are unable to rotate the camera and/or can't click on certain buttons/sliders in Lumion 6 or newer after a file dialog window has been displayed in Lumion.
3.1: Please follow the instructions in section 2 in the following article to resolve the problem:
- Knowledge Base: What do you do if Lumion does not respond to mouse-clicks?
3.2: If the problem persists, please contact us at the Lumion Support Center:
- Knowledge Base: How do you get technical support?