1. Here's how
When new versions of Lumion are released, the location of a number of files (e.g. the Imported Model files in the Lumion Model Library) sometimes changes.
If you want to transfer your files and settings from an older version of Lumion to a new version, please follow the instructions below.
2. Imported Models, Favorites, Recent Scenes thumbnail images and favorite materials
2.1: To transfer these files from an older version to a newer version of Lumion, please run the new version of Lumion.
2.2: Then copy the folders as shown below and restart Lumion:
- Documents\Lumion (OLD VERSION)\Library
- Documents\Lumion (OLD VERSION)\Recent
- Documents\Lumion (OLD VERSION)\Materials
- Documents\Lumion (NEW VERSION)\Library
- Documents\Lumion (NEW VERSION)\Recent
- Documents\Lumion (NEW VERSION)\Materials
Example: Transferring Imported Models from Lumion 9 to Lumion 9.3
- Quit Lumion and make a copy of the Documents\Lumion 9.0\Library folder.
- Move the copied folder to Documents\Lumion 9.3\ and restart Lumion 9.3.
3.1: To open a Scene from an older version of Lumion, please save the Scene to an .LS Scene file:
Lumion 8.0 and newer: Files -> Save Scene tab
Lumion 7.5 and older: Files -> Save Scene and Models tab
3.2: Then load the LS Scene file in Lumion 8 or newer.
Please note that:
- If you save a Scene or an Imported Model in Lumion, you cannot load the files in older versions of Lumion.
- Changes in versions sometimes mean that some features are not supported or have changed in newer versions of Lumion.
- After transferring your Imported Models and Scenes to a newer version, you may need to reset or adjust certain things like Photo or Movie Effects to match the way the current Lumion version works.
4.1: To transfer your Favorites from the Imported Model Library and the Lumion Model Library, please copy the file settings(Version).ini from Documents\Lumion (OLD VERSION), rename it to settings(NEW VERSION).ini, and then place it in Documents\Lumion (NEW VERSION) folder.
Example: Transferring your favorite objects and materials from Lumion 9.0 to Lumion 9.3.
- Quit Lumion and copy Documents\Lumion 9.0\settings9.ini.
- Move the copied file to Documents\Lumion 9.3\ and restart Lumion 9.3.
Example: Transferring your favorite objects and materials from Lumion 8 to Lumion 9.0.
- Quit Lumion and copy Documents\Lumion 8.0\settings8.ini.
- Rename the copied file to settings9.ini.
- Move the copied file to Documents\Lumion 9.0\ and restart Lumion.