Remote desktop compatibility
Lumion 9.0 and newer is supported on some virtual PC/remote desktop platforms. We've listed a few third party providers which provide cloud virtual desktop services.
Important: Not all virtual cloud desktop offerings you find online can run Lumion. Many of them do not meet our hardware requirements. Always check if the virtual cloud desktop you are purchasing has hardware that matches Lumion's System Requirements.
Important: Lumion will only work if you start it via the remote desktop connection. If Lumion is already running when you start a remote desktop connection, the mouse sensitivity will be too high.
- External Link: Shadow
- It is not possible to use Shadow's services immediately, there is currently a waiting list
- External Link: Cloudalize -
- Cloudalize uses the Citrix platform. Currently, only the most high-end plan on Cloudalize can run Lumion smoothly. Also, you will need to contact Cloudalize's customer support to request that they change the settings of your virtual desktop to prioritize low-latency over image quality.
Lumion does not officially support remote desktop access via any other apps/services, for example:
- Splashtop, WMWare Fusion, VMWare VDI, ZenApp, Teamviewer, Nvidia GRID, RTX Server, XenServer, XenDesktop etc and any other virtual machine/virtual desktop implementations.
There are currently no plans to add support for any of these apps/services.
- External Link: Microsoft Remote Desktop - Microsoft Remote Desktop works for some users but is not officially supported:
- The mouse sensitivity issue observed in Lumion 8.5 and older versions when accessing Lumion via Windows Remote Desktop has been resolved in Lumion 9.0 and newer versions. However, Windows Remote Desktop is not recommended as it is slow and may result in glitches. We advise anyone who is interested in accessing Lumion via Windows Remote Desktop to first test it out in an operational configuration.
- External Link: Team Viewer
- Some remote desktop applications such as TeamViewer might let you start the rendering procedure but navigating around scenes and moving objects etc will not work as expected due to network lag and mouse sensitivity issues. All other remote desktop applications such as VMWare products will have trouble running Lumion.