1. Remote desktop compatibility
1.1: Supported apps/services: Lumion 9.0 and newer is supported on the virtual PC/remote desktop platforms below.
Important: It will only work if you start up Lumion via the remote desktop connection. If Lumion is already running when you start a remote desktop connection, the mouse sensitivity will be too high.
- External Link: Shadow
- External Link: Cloudalize
- External Link: Citrix *
- * The mouse sensitivity issue observed in Lumion 8.5 and older versions running on a Citrix-based Desktop has been resolved in Lumion 9.0 and newer versions. However, most standard Citrix servers are not equipped with the 3D graphics cards that are required for running Lumion and would have to be upgraded first. We advise anyone who is interested in running Lumion on a Citrix Desktop to first test it out in an operational configuration.
1.2: Unsupported apps/services:
Lumion does not officially support remote desktop access via any other apps/services, for example:
- Splashtop, WMWare Fusion, VMWare VDI, ZenApp, Teamviewer, Nvidia GRID, RTX Server, XenServer, XenDesktop etc and any other virtual machine/virtual desktop implementations.
There are currently no plans to add support for any of these apps/services.
Microsoft Remote Desktop works for some users but is not officially supported:
- External Link: Microsoft Remote Desktop
- The mouse sensitivity issue observed in Lumion 8.5 and older versions when accessing Lumion via Windows Remote Desktop has been resolved in Lumion 9.0 and newer versions. However, Windows Remote Desktop is not recommended as it is slow and may result in glitches. We advise anyone who is interested in accessing Lumion via Windows Remote Desktop to first test it out in an operational configuration.
Some remote desktop applications such as TeamViewer might let you start the rendering procedure but navigating around scenes and moving objects etc will not work as expected due to network lag and mouse sensitivity issues. All other remote desktop applications such as VMWare products will have trouble running Lumion.