1. When does Lumion release the License Key?
Lumion will release the License Key when you click on the Quit button - provided that it is allowed to access the internet on the computer.
2. How can you release a License Key that is 'stuck' on a computer?
You should normally be able to release the License Key yourself:
2.1: Simply start Lumion on the PC that it is 'stuck' on, wait for the Scene selection screen to appear and then close Lumion.
2.2: Restart Lumion again to see if the License Key is released.
2.3: If not, please follow the instructions in section 3 below.
3. What do you do if you can't release the License Key yourself?
- We can release your License Key at the Lumion Support Center between Monday and Friday.
- License Key release requests are not guaranteed at weekends but we will endeavour to fulfill those requests depending on staff availability.
- Please do not provide your License Key number in Lumion Support Center topics.
- Do not send a private message or email as the member of staff may not be available.
3.1: Please click on the link below to make sure your License Key is registered. If you have not registered your License Key we are unable to reset it:
Knowledge Base: How do you get technical support?
3.2: Post a new topic at the Lumion Support Center with the name of the computer and a description of what happened before the License Key got stuck (see the examples below) and ask for the License Key to be reset.
- Lumion & Lumion Pro users: Click here.
- Lumion Pro Trial users: Click here.
- Lumion Trial users: Click here.
- Lumion Educational & Lumion Student users: Click here.
a. I forgot to shut down Lumion on a PC I have no access to at the moment.
b. My internet connection stopped working, so I couldn't shut down Lumion.
c. I accidentally turned off my PC without quitting Lumion first.
d. Lumion crashed whilst in use or I had to do a forced shutdown of Lumion.
e. The computer froze/restarted before I could shut down Lumion.
f. Windows restarted after installing updates - or I upgraded Windows, the graphics card driver or some other hardware component.
h. We have more users wanting to run Lumion than Seats available.
g. I tried to start Lumion on a PC that doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
Please provide any other information/description you feel is relevant.
3.3: If for some reason you are unable to post to a topic at the Lumion Support Center, please send the requested information in 3.2 in an email to: