1. Here's why
1.1: Please note that there are two Trial versions:
- Lumion Trial (available via the 'Try' page)
- Lumion Pro Trial (only available from your local reseller)
This article only applies to the Lumion Trial version.
1.2: It is not possible to open Lumion Trial Projects in commercial or other versions of Lumion. This is by design to prevent abuse of the license terms, i.e. using it for commercial purposes.
- The 'Try' page at Lumion.com mentions this limitation:
- The Home screen - Welcome to Lumion also provides a message each time you save a Project using the Trial.
2. Can you transfer anything from the Lumion Trial Project?
Yes, you can transfer Imported Models from Lumion Trial to a commercial version of Lumion. Here's how:
2.1: Locate the Imported Model files in Documents/LumionTrial (VERSION)/Library and copy them to Documents/Lumion (VERSION)/Library.
- Knowledge Base article: Where are Projects and Imported Models saved to in Lumion?
2.2: The next time you start the commercial version of Lumion, the Imported Models should be available in the Imported Model Library browser.
The rest of your Project configuration, as well as your Photos and Clips, cannot be transferred and will have to be reconstructed.