When applying via our online form (certain countries only) for the Lumion Student Pro you get this message from PayPal when trying to verify your address.
The "Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please try again." message is quite generic and might be for a number of reasons as to why the PayPal site will not respond.
Here are our suggestions to get things moving again.
1. If the page permits try again after about 5 minutes:
It might simply be that the system is overloaded/not responding and you need to send a new request to access PayPal.
If the page provides a Try Again button, then do so.
2. Reload page and clear your browser cache:
- Try a reload of the browser page by pressing F5.
- Make sure that you do not have too many tabs open.
- If that does not work, then try a full reload of the page by using the Ctrl + F5 combination keys.
- Again, if that does not work, then use the settings options in your browser to directly clear the cache. Those options often include browsing history, files downloaded, cookies and other site data, as well as passwords and other site data. Try selecting only the ones for browsing history, files downloaded, cookies and other site data.
Here are some links on clearing browser cache:
- External Link: Google Chrome: Clear cache & cookies
- External Link (includes all main browsers): Clear the Browser cache in Windows
- External Link: How to Clear Your Cache on Any Browser
3. Access PayPal via a different browser or internet connection:
- Make sure that you are using a recent or the most recent version of the browser.
- Try to apply using a different browser.
- If you have access to a different internet connection, for example at school or at a friend's place, then try this option.
- If you are using either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge that are based on the chromium platform, then try using a Mozilla-based browser such as Firefox.
4. Access PayPal via a different PC or Mobile phone:
Try doing the address verification process through your mobile device and check to see if you are able to proceed.
There are usually two options to use your phone - tether it to the PC or use mobile data.
Using mobile data changes the connection point so it can be the preferred option to try.
5. Check for a Proxy Connection:
Confirm that your PC is not using a VPN (virtual private network) or some other IP shadowing or remapping software. You can check that at one of the links below:
6. Contact PayPal:
If at this point you are still unable to get passed the PayPal message then all we can recommend is that you contact PayPal Customer Service.
The earlier solutions work in 99 percent of cases.
7. What to do if you are still unable to get verification with PayPal:
You can get our support at any time by clicking on the Contact Us button:
In your contact, please let us know the following:
1. At what stage the Paypal verification process fails.
2. Confirm you have done all the steps above.
3. What browser you are using.