Lumion 12.5 is released!
31 May 2022
Lumion 12.5 is a maintenance update and comes with improvements and bug fixes.
Lumion 12.5 is now available as a free update for all Lumion 12 users.
This minor update includes several improvements that make it the most stable, user-friendly version of Lumion yet.
From Livesync to the project editor to several photo and video effects, the Lumion 12.5 update adds an extra level of reliability, speed, and enjoyment to your visualization workflows. Keep reading for a detailed look into the many performance improvements and updates in this minor version.
Here's everything you need to know
1.1: What's New?
- Lumion website: What's New in Lumion 12.5
- Video Tutorials: Lumion 12: Video Tutorials
- Knowledge Base: Lumion 12.5: Release Notes
1.2: How do you download Lumion 12.5?
- Customers with a Lumion 12 License Key will receive an email with download instructions on 31 May, or 1 June 2022.
- Note that it may take up to 24 hours for the email to arrive.
If you already have a Lumion 12 version then Lumion 12.5 is an update and it is not an upgrade :
- Knowledge Base: How do you get the latest update of Lumion?
Please follow the instructions below if you can't find the email after 1 June 2022:
- Knowledge Base: How do you get the email with the Lumion download link?
1.3: How do you upgrade a Lumion 1-11 License Key to version 12?
- Lumion website: Upgrade page
1.4: How do you install Lumion 12.5?
- Lumion 12.5 is a standalone installation. It is not a patch for older versions of Lumion.
- Do not uninstall older existing Lumion installations until you have transferred your Projects and models (see below).
- Do not install Lumion 12.5 in the same folder as an older version of Lumion.
- You can uninstall any prior version of Lumion 12 once you are happy with the installation.
- Ensure that there is plenty of free file space on the PC:
- Knowledge Base: What file space do I need to download and install Lumion?
1.5: How do you transfer old Projects to Lumion 12.5?
- Lumion 12.5 uses the same Documents folders as prior versions of Lumion 12. You do not need to migrate if you have been using Lumion 12.
- Knowledge Base: How do you migrate to a newer version of Lumion?
- Please note that Projects and models saved in version 12.5 cannot be opened in older versions of Lumion.
1.6: Is Lumion 12.5 Viewer available?
- Knowledge Base: Download Lumion Viewer
1.7: How do you get a Trial version of Lumion 12.5 Pro?
- Knowledge Base: Is there a Trial version of Lumion?
1.8: Is Lumion 12.5 Pro Student available?
Students with a current License Key can access the latest version from their Lumion Account.
Other students, please see this article:
- Knowledge Base: Is there an educational or student version of Lumion?