1. There are three ways to transfer materials
The Materials Menu is split into the Material Library and Material Settings Editor:
Common features are present in the Material Settings Editor at all times:
All Materials also have a Context Menu:
- Copying and pasting a material.
- Saving and loading a material from a file.
- Saving and loading a Material Set from a file.
- Please note that textures with the yellow triangle exclamation mark warning icon can't be copied or saved to a material file because they were assigned to the model in your 3D/CAD software outside of Lumion.
2. Copying and pasting a material
Lumion makes it easier than ever to copy and paste materials.
2.1: Use the Copy and Paste buttons to transfer the material to a different surface:
3. Saving and loading a material
3.1: Use the Save and Load buttons to transfer the material to a different surface in the current Project, or to a different Imported Model in another Project using the '.LMAT' Material File:
4. Saving and loading a Material Set from a file
You can save all of the materials of an Imported Model to a Material Set file, either for back-up purposes, or because you want to transfer all or some of the materials to a different Imported Model.
To make sure the materials are transferred to the right surfaces, Lumion uses the Imported Material names from your 3D/CAD software to find matches.
For that reason, it is a good idea to consistently use specific material names for your favourite materials when working on materials in your 3D/CAD software.
4.1: To save or load a Material Set, please select the Materials tab in Build Mode and click on an Imported Model that you have assigned some Lumion materials to.
4.2: Click on the Load Material Set or Save Material Set button to load or save all of the materials of an Imported Model to an '.LMS' Material Set file:
- Knowledge Base: What do the properties of the Standard Material mean in Lumion 2023?
- Knowledge Base: How do you copy, paste, save and load materials in Lumion 12?
Article is closed for comments.