April 20, 2023
After Lumion 2023 was released, some of you encountered a set of issues related to usability. Some of them have been addressed.
Important: To install the fixes, Lumion 2023 needs to be updated. Please follow the instructions in the Lumion pop-up window and see the article below for additional information:
- Knowledge Base: How does the Updater for Lumion work?
For background information, also consult:
- Knowledge Base: Lumion 2023.0: Update to 220.127.116.11 - Release Notes
- Knowledge Base: Lumion 2023.0: Release Notes
- Knowledge Base: Transitions: From prior versions to working with the new Lumion 2023
1. Resolved issues:
1.1: Build Mode
1.1.1: Object Library
- Nature: Certain objects no longer display the wrong Properties when selected.
1.1.2: Place Mode
- Groups: are no longer Ungrouped when undoing their deletion.
1.3: Material Mode
- Standard Material: Displacement Maps now display the correct offset behavior without reloading the texture.
- Standard Material: Displacement Maps now change the behavior of the Materials when the Map Scale is set to Imported.
- Materials: all names of the Library Materials are now displayed correctly
- Materials: Wood Materials added in Lumion 2023 now have their Texture value set to 100%.
- Materials: Opacity Maps have been adjusted to be displayed in 100% of their color range.
- Materials: Normal Maps no longer flip direction when setting the Map Scale to Imported.
- Material Sets: no longer get discarded when reloading a Project.
1.2: Photo/Movie/Panorama Mode
1.2.1: Aspect Ratios
- The Aspect Ratio for 1.91:1 and 1:1.91 is no longer blurry when rendered in Print/Poster Resolutions.
1.2.2: Photo Mode
- Additional Output -> Lighting Map: will no longer render objects black when they receive lights in the rendering.
- Color Correction: The Histogram color overlays are no longer rendered in the final output.
- Photo Matching: a horizon line is no longer visible when rendering with this Effect active.
- Image Overlay: displays the overlayed image correctly in the final rendering.
1.3: Loading and Saving
- Material Maps: Loading a Project will no longer override the empty texture slots of a Standard Material.
- Textures: Opacity Maps are assigned correctly when importing .FBX files.
- SKP format: imported texture scales are working as expected.
- LiveSync: will no longer create a duplicate imported model when the location of a file changes, but the file name remains the same.
- LiveSync: the object Properties box is now displayed correctly.
- LiveSync: Material path names longer than 160 characters will no longer crash the relink of .DAE models.
1.5 User Interface:
- UI -> Material Mode: the extended Settings of the Standard Material no longer lock the UI for Lumion Standard.
- License: The correct error message is now displayed when Lumion License Key checks are blocked by the hosts file.
- UI: Various UI improvements.
- Projects saved in the Lumion Pro Trial can now be opened on the same machine when changing to a commercial License Key.