1. Follow the model import guidelines
1.1: First, please make sure that you have followed the guidelines in our Model Import Guides.
1.2: If the problem persists, please search for a solution to your problem at the Lumion Support Center.
1.3: If you can't find a solution, please proceed below.
2. Post a topic requesting help
2.1: Access to support:
- Registered licensed users can post to this Importing Models Question board.
- Unregistered users with a License Key should follow these steps first:
- Knowledge Base: How do you get technical support?
- Then return here to follow the steps below from 2.2.
- Other users should post to a board in the section they have access to.
When posting an import/export question, please always include the following information:
2.2: Lumion product and version:
- Product and version number (see the Settings screen in Lumion).
- For example Lumion 9.0 Pro.
2.3: CAD software and version number:
- For example Revit 2019 or SketchUp 2018.
2.4: Import file format in Lumion:
- For example .SKP, .FBX or .DAE format.
- Or LiveSync export.
2.5: Export plug-in version (if applicable):
- Click on the Help button (Lumion logo) to see which version it is.
- The example below is from SketchUp:
2.6: Export plug-in settings:
- Click on the Settings button - or the Export button depending on which CAD software you are using and whether you are exporting the model via LiveSync or not:
- SketchUp: Export settings:
- Revit: Export settings (Hold down the Shift key while clicking on a settings button):
- Attach a screenshot of the settings window (the example below is from Revit):
2.7: The name of the exported Scene or 3D View:
- If you are exporting your model from Revit, please tell us the name of the 3D View that you are exporting to Lumion.
- If you are exporting your model from SketchUp, please tell us the name of the Scene that you are exporting to Lumion (if applicable).
2.8: A clear description of the problem:
- In English please (use Google Translate if needed).
2.9: Relevant files:
- Please click here to upload the files that are causing problems.
- This is typically the original model file(s) (.RVT, .MAX, .SKP etc) as well as the exported file(s) if applicable (e.g. .DAE, .FBX etc).