1. Here's how it works:
- The Lumion License Key is installed on your PC as an integral part of the installation files. It is not possible to swap or change the License Key of an already installed version of Lumion.
- If the License Key was purchased as an individual, you may install Lumion on as many computers as you want, provided that all of the computers belong to you.
- If the License Key was purchased as a company, you may install Lumion on any computer that belongs to the company. However, if the company has multiple branches that operate as separate legal entities, those branches must purchase their own Lumion License Keys.
- The number of Seats for the License Key determines how many PCs you can use Lumion on at the same time.
- Lumion requires access to the internet and your License Key is checked when you start up and shut down Lumion, as well as when you use the MyLumion management portal.
2. How can you use Lumion on more than one PC at the same time?
If you want to use Lumion on more than one PC at the same time, there are two options:
2.1: Buy a License Key with multiple Seats:
This is usually a more flexible solution if you need to run Lumion on many different PCs. There's only one Installer (Download Manager) and a corresponding set of installation files for this License type.
After installing Lumion on your PCs, the license system will lock one Seat when you start up Lumion on a PC and unlock the Seat when you shut down Lumion again on that PC.
Important: If you are considering merging your License Keys into a single one with more Seats, please note that this process is only available for Perpetual License Keys.
2.2: Buy a separate License Key for each PC:
This License type means that there is a separate Installer and separate (unique) installation files for each license that you buy. In other words: you'll need to download the (unique) installation files for each License Key and install each version on your PCs.
The Lumion License System then ensures that you can't run more than one instance of Lumion for your License Key. We do not recommend this License type if you have more than 1 License Key and you need to use Lumion on many PCs. In most cases, it is far better to purchase a License Key with multiple Seats.
In case you own multiple Perpetual License Keys. for the same version of Lumion, please see section 3. below:
3. How do you merge License Keys?
- Knowledge Base article: Can you merge License Keys?
Article is closed for comments.