1. Here's how the license system works:
- The Lumion License Key is installed on your PC as an integral part of the installation files.
- If the License Key was purchased by as an individual, you may install Lumion on as many computers as you want, provided that all of the computers belong to you.
- If the License Key was purchased by as a company, you may install Lumion on any computer that belongs to the company. However, if the company has multiple branches that operate as separate legal entities, those branches must purchase their own Lumion License Keys.
- The number of Seats for the License Key determines how many PCs you can use Lumion on at the same time.
- Lumion requires access to the internet when you start up and shut down Lumion, as well as when you use the following functionality: MyLumion uploads, OpenStreetMap downloads and uploading videos to YouTube in Movie Mode.
2. How can you use Lumion on more than one PC at the same time?
If you want to use Lumion on more than one PC at the same time, there are two options:
2.1: Buy a License Key with multiple seats (or merge several existing License Keys):
This is usually a more flexible solution if you need to run Lumion on many different PCs. There's only one Download Manager and a corresponding set of installation files for this license type.
After installing Lumion on your PCs, the license system will lock one seat when you start up Lumion on a PC and unlock the seat when you shut down Lumion again on that PC.
2.2: Buy a separate License Key for each PC:
This license type means that there is a separate Download Manager and separate (unique) installation files for each license that you buy. In other words: you'll need to download the (unique) installation files for each License Key and install each version on your PCs.
The Lumion license system then ensures that you can't run more than one instance of Lumion for your License Key. We do not recommend this license type if you have more than 1 License Key and you need to use Lumion on many PCs. In most cases, it is far better to merge the License Keys in to a single License Key with multiple seats (see below).
3. How do you merge License Keys?
Please see this article:
Knowledge Base article: Can you merge License Keys?