1. Include the following files (if we ask for them)
1.1: The source model file(s), e.g. .RVT (Revit), .SKP (SketchUp), .PLN (ArchiCAD) etc.
1.2: The exported file(s) that are causing the problem, e.g. .DAE, .FBX, .DWG, .OBJ, .3DS etc.
1.3: Any relevant texture files if they are not included inside the other files.
1.4: Screencaptures that show what the problem is.
2. Include the Lumion Project (if we ask for it)
2.1: Lumion 10.0 and newer:
- Files -> Save or Save as... to save an .LS Project file:
2.2: Lumion 9.5 and older:
See section 5 below if you need to save a Scene in Lumion 7.5 or older versions.
3. Zip the relevant files
3.1: Zipping the files will make them smaller so that they are uploaded faster:
- Click here to see how to zip files in Windows 10.
You can also use your own compression tools such as 7Zip.
4. Upload the zip file and send us a download link
4.1: The next step is to upload your files to a file host of your choice and send us the download link:
Examples of file hosts:
- wetransfer.com (Free 2 GB transfers)
- transfer.pcloud.com (Free 5GB transfers)
If you use wetransfer.com or transfer.pcloud.com, simply set the sender and recipient to your own email address. When the download link arrives in your inbox, copy-paste it into your reply to us:
5. Here's how to save a Lumion Scene in older versions of Lumion
5.1: Lumion 8 and Lumion 9:
- Files -> Save Scene tab -> Save as... to save an .LS8 or .LS9 Scene file:
5.2: Lumion 6.0-7.5 only:
- Files -> Save Scene and Models tab -> Save Scene and Models
5.3: Lumion 5 and older:
The 2 scene files are located in Documents/Lumion 5/Scenes:
The up to 4 files per Imported Model are located in Documents/Lumion 5/Library:
Video Textures are located in Documents/Lumion (Version)/Miscellaneous/Video Textures:
Custom music/sound files are located in Documents/Lumion (Version)/Miscellaneous/Sound:
5.4: When you have located the relevant files, please zip and upload them by following the instructions in section 3 and 4 above.