1. To have a great experience with Lumion 11, you will need:
- A modern computer with a high-performance dedicated graphics card.
- Internet access.
- A computer that meets or exceeds the recommended, or high-end system requirements (depending on your needs).
The requirements are listed in the table on the following page:
- Lumion website: System Requirements for Lumion 11
Note that Lumion 11 requires Windows 10 version 1809 in order to run.
We recommend updating your Windows 10 to version 2004 or newer as it includes the Windows feature "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" which improves the performance of Lumion in some Projects.
To see which version of Windows 10 you currently have installed, click on the Windows button and select Settings -> System -> About, to see the version number.
2. If you need to buy a new computer or upgrade:
When making any purchase, we recommend you consult with an expert in building PCs so that everything is tailored to your specific needs.
- Please click here to see our desktop computer recommendations.
- Please click here to see our laptop computer recommendations.
3. How does each hardware component affect Lumion?
When considering upgrades for your existing computer or a brand new computer to use with Lumion.
Upgrading your graphics card is the single most impactful thing you can do to improve your Lumion experience and performance of the render outcomes.
|Graphics card memory||
The more graphics card memory is available the more details, textures, and models can be loaded, processed, and rendered by your graphics card.
The CPU plays a role in telling the graphics card what to show you on your screen, and it will be working hard while you are editing your Project. The more details and objects you have in your Project, the more instructions your CPU needs to send to your graphics card.
|System memory (RAM)||
Your RAM plays a role when a Project or model is loaded in Lumion. The more RAM you have, the bigger and more detailed these loaded Scenes and models can be.
The speed of your Hard Drive plays a big role in how fast your models and Projects are loaded. The faster, the better. NVME SSD drives are the latest technology.
A power supply provides the whole system with the electrical current at specific wattage and voltages. It must be able to give each component enough to run well. If it doesn't, the PC may turn itself off, restart, or run at a lower performance to compensate.
- Knowledge Base: Which graphics card do you need for Lumion 11?
- Knowledge Base: Which power supply do you need?
- Knowledge Base: Which laptop PCs do you recommend?
- Blog Article: Lumion computer advice for faster 3D rendering (Spring 2020 Update)
Looking for Lumion 10 information? If you would like to check the old minimum, recommended and high-end system requirements for Lumion 10, they are available on the following page:
- Knowledge Base: What kind of computer does Lumion 10 need?