1. Method A: Export a .DAE file
1.1: Export your Microstation model to a .DAE file (Collada format) and import it in Lumion:
File -> Export -> Collada...
2. Method B: Export an .FBX or .SKP file
If method A does not work as expected, please export your Microstation model to an .FBX or .SKP file and import it in Lumion:
File -> Export -> FBX...
File -> Export -> SketchUp...
3. Tips & Troubleshooting
3.1: Why can't you see the model after importing and placing it in your Scene?
- The Insertion Point for the Imported Model in Lumion corresponds to 0,0,0 in Microstation.
- If a model is far away from the Insertion Point in Lumion, you need to move the model closer to 0,0,0 in Microstation, before exporting it to Lumion.
3.2: Why can't you assign a Lumion material to individual surfaces?
- Lumion will always combine surfaces that use the same material in Microstation. If you want to assign a Lumion material to a specific surface, you must assign a unique material to that surface in Microstation before importing the model.