1. Here's how
In Lumion 9.0 and newer versions, you can assign two types of grass to Imported Models:
- 3D Grass Materials.
- Landscape Grass.
Landscape Grass is faster to render than 3D Grass Materials:
3D Grass Materials are very detailed and will have a significant impact on the render speed, especially if you assign these materials to large models.
Please follow the guidelines below to make sure that render speeds are as high as possible when grass is needed in your Projects:
1.1: Use 3D Grass Materials on small surfaces and Landscape Grass on large surfaces.
1.2: If the Imported Model is double-sided, please install Lumion 9.0.2 or newer to make sure that 3D Grass is not assigned to both sides of the surface.
1.3: Consider using the Layer and/or Variations functionality to hide 3D Grass Materials when they are not needed, for example, if they are hidden behind buildings when rendering Photos and Clips:
- Knowledge Base: How do Layers work?
- Video Tutorial: Build Mode: Add model Variations
- Video Tutorial: Materials: Customized 3D Grasses
- Knowledge Base: How do you work with terrains in Lumion 12?
- Knowledge Base: How do you work with terrains in Lumion 11?
Article is closed for comments.