Lumion 10.5: Release Notes
- The 9th of July 2020.
Lumion 10.5 and Lumion 10.5 Pro are available today as a free download for Lumion 10 users.
Lumion 10.5 Pro Student will be released later in 2020.
- Please note that Projects and models saved in version 10.5 cannot be opened in older versions of Lumion.
- Please click on the following link to see how to transfer settings, models and Projects from older versions of Lumion:
- Knowledge Base: Lumion 10.5: Everything you need to know
Note: Features, models and materials with the asterisk (*) character are only available in Lumion 10.5 Pro.
1. New Feature Highlights
1.1: 67 new models to elevate the beautiful outdoors (some Pro only)
When you bring architecture and the outdoors together, something truly special occurs.
Lumion 10.5 comes with 67 new models to help you craft and capture the ambiance of your design’s outdoor views. The tables, chairs and other outdoor furnishings remove boundaries and create a seamless flow from interior to exterior, and items such as potted plants, wicker baskets and other decorations make outdoor spaces feel inviting, cozy and luxurious.
The new high-quality models in Lumion 10.5 include:
- 16 planting pots
- 10 coffee and garden tables
- 7 chairs and deck chairs
- 6 garden benches
- 4 wicker baskets
- 3 garden lamps
- And many more...
The 67 new models are available in Lumion 10.5 Pro, while Lumion 10.5 Standard contains 22 new models as well as about ⅓ of the entire content library.
2. Changes & Resolved Errors
2.1: Build Mode
- When Groups are loaded, they are now placed on the active Layer in Build Mode.
- Saving Groups will now also save the Group Placement Point.
- It is no longer necessary to render a movie to make Sound objects audible in Build Mode.
- Realtime performance: Compared to Lumion 10.3 and 10.3.2, the performance (as measured in frames per second) has been improved when the Editor quality is set to 2, 3, or 4 stars.
- The OpenStreetMap download speed for the map view, Heightmaps and model data is now faster than before. The map should no longer show empty tiles.
- The Grid Scale slider from the Grid object no longer overlaps the Layer dropdown menu in the objects' properties window.
- The Set eye level function no longer moves the camera up/down if the camera is placed above a Landscape Cutter object without any Imported Models below the camera. In Photo Mode, Movie Mode and Panorama Mode, the Edit Eye Level and Set Eye Level functions will not be available (N/A) in that situation.
2.2: Movie Mode
- Clips no longer show negative frame counts in certain situations.
- Surfaces with Glass Materials no longer appear to wobble in Clips in very rare situations.
2.3: Effects & Styles
- The Depth of Field Effect has been removed from all Styles that used this Effect.
- Nature objects are no longer inverted in Planar Reflections.
- The Blocked by Plants and Trees function in the Precipitation Effect is working as expected again for Nature objects.
- When the Preview Quality is set to Low in the Reflection Effect, the Planar Reflections in the High- Quality Preview will be replaced by Projected Reflections instead of being rendered completely black.
- The Real Skies Effect selection screen no longer closes automatically if the framerate is very low.
- The sun position now matches the Sun Heading in the Sun Effect.
- The highlighted surface in the Material Highlight Effect is now updated correctly in Clips that are rendered at 1-star Output Quality.
- Sound objects will now be muted/unmuted depending on whether a Layer is visible or invisible in the Layer Visibility Effect.
- The Gloss slider range of the Glass Material has been changed from 0 to 5000 to 0 to 1.
2.5: Save, load and recovery functions
- When an unsaved Project has been open for more than 60 seconds, the Quit screen will show the Save and Quit option instead of only showing the option to Quit (without saving)
- Photos, Movies and/or Panoramas that are being replaced via the Merge Project function are now replaced correctly.
2.6: Importing and Exporting
- A warning will now be displayed if a Collada .DAE file in excess of 2 GB is being imported. This is done to prevent crashes.
- When importing .MAX files, Lumion now checks if the installed version of 3ds Max is older than the 3ds Max version that was used for saving the .MAX file.
- Minor improvements have been implemented for the .DWG, .FBX, .DAE and .MAX file importers.
- The tooltips in Lumion have been improved.
- The option to close a screen or menu by clicking on the background has been removed. Please click on the "X" button or press ESC to close screens and menus from now in.
The affected screens/menus are:
- The Style selection screen.
- The Real Skies Effect selection screen.
- The Clouds Effect selection screen.
- The language selection screen.
- Import New Model options screen.
- Render Photo, Movie, and Panorama options screens.