1. A Lumion Account password must have the following characteristics:
- It must be at least 6 characters long.
- It must not be too simple. (e.g. hello123)
- It must not be a commonly used word or phrase. (e.g. Bestpasswordever)
- It must not be compromised according to online security databases.
2. How do we check if a password is a commonly used word or phrase?
There are several security websites and services which keep an updated list of the world's most commonly used passwords.
For extra security, when our users are trying to set a password for their accounts, we make sure that the password isn't present in these lists.
3. How do we check if a password has been previously compromised?
Services specialized in cybersecurity (such as https://haveibeenpwned.com/) allow users to enter their email and check if they have ever been a victim of a data breach.
For extra security, when our users are trying to set a password for their accounts, we make sure that the password isn't present in these databases of compromised account information.
- Knowledge Base: Contact Customer Care
- Knowledge Base: How does Lumion's Customer Care work?
- Knowledge Base: Where can you find your Lumion Licence Key?
- Knowledge Base: How do you register a licence key in a Lumion account?