1. There are five ways to transfer materials
All Materials have a Context Menu for the main Properties:
All Materials also have a Context Menu for the Extended Properties (Show More):
- Copying and pasting a material.
- Saving and loading a material from a file.
- Saving a material to the Custom Materials tab and assigning it to models.
- Copying and pasting Extended settings in a material.
- Saving and loading a Material Set from a file.
- Please note that textures with the yellow triangle exclamation mark warning icon can't be copied or saved to a material file because they were assigned to the model in your 3D/CAD software outside of Lumion.
2. Copying and pasting a material
Lumion makes it easy to copy, paste, save and load materials.
2.1: Use the Copy and Paste buttons to transfer the material to a different surface:
3. Saving and loading a material
3.1: Use the Save and Load buttons to transfer the material to a different surface in the current Project, or to a different Imported Model in another Project using the '.LNM' Material File:
4. Saving a material to the Custom Materials tab
4.1: Use the Save Material to Custom Materials button to save a copy to the Custom Materials tab:
4.2: Enter a name for your material to save it:
4.3: This material can then be assigned to other models from the main Materials Editor:
5. Copying and pasting Extended settings
5.1: If you have assigned a material from the Lumion Material Library to a surface and you want to copy or paste the Extended settings of the material, please click on the Menu button at the top of the Extended settings panel:
5.2: The Copy and Paste options will let you copy the Extended settings of the current tab, for example, the Position or Foliage tab from one material to another material that has the same type of settings. For example: from a Standard Material to a Nature Material from the Lumion Material Library, but not from a Standard Material to a Glass Material.
6. Saving and loading a Material Set from a file
You can save all of the materials of an Imported Model to a Material Set file, either for back-up purposes, or because you want to transfer all or some of the materials to a different Imported Model.
To make sure the materials are transferred to the right surfaces, Lumion uses the Imported Material names from your 3D/CAD software to find matches.
For that reason, it is a good idea to consistently use specific material names for your favorite materials when working on materials in your 3D/CAD software.
6.1: To save or load a Material Set, please select the Materials tab in Build Mode and click on an Imported Model that you have assigned some Lumion materials to.
6.2: Click on the Load Material Set or Save Material Set button to load or save all of the materials of an Imported Model to an '.MTT' Material Set file:
Article is closed for comments.