1. Identify the cause of the problem
There are two different causes, depending on the symptoms you are experiencing.
- You are unable to move and/or rotate the camera by holding down the right mouse button while moving the mouse.
- The camera is always moving forward. When you press the hotkey S or Arrow Down the camera stops moving.
- However, you can still click on all buttons and sliders in Lumion.
Please see solution A below to resolve this problem.
- You are unable to rotate the camera by holding down the right mouse button while moving the mouse and you can't click on certain buttons/sliders. This problem affects Lumion 6 or newer after a file dialog window has been displayed in Lumion.
Please see solution B below to resolve this problem.
2. Solution A:
2.1: An external USB or Bluetooth input device such as a joystick, tablet pen or a game controller (e.g. Xbox) is interfering with the navigation controls in Lumion.
Please disconnect those input devices and check if the problem has been resolved.
If you're using a Leap Motion device, you must unplug it and restart Windows.
2.2: If the Enable Tablet Input toggle button on the Settings screen is turned on, please turn it off if you are not using a tablet pen.
2.3: vJoy, an flight simulator utility application, is sending incorrect DirectX controller data to other applications such as Lumion. To disable it, please open vJoyConf.exe in the vJoy installation folder and uncheck 'Enable vJoy'. The default location is:
- c:\Program Files\vJoy\vJoyConf.exe
2.4: Check if there is some other game controller software still installed and working on the PC. It might be interfering with mouse and keyboard events that Lumion needs.
2.5: If the problem persists, please contact us:
3. Solution B:
If the problem persists and it started occurring after the 24th of October 2019, it might be due to a rare error which is caused by a recent update in Microsoft Office. The symptom is that you are unable to rotate the camera and/or can't click on certain buttons/sliders in Lumion 6 or newer after a file dialog window has been displayed in Lumion.
3.1: Please follow the instructions in section 2 in the following article to resolve the problem:
- Knowledge Base: What do you do if Lumion does not respond to mouse-clicks?
3.2: If the problem persists, please contact us: