1. Method A: Export your model via the 3D model window
Export your Allplan model to an .SKP file (SketchUp format):
1.1: In Allplan, click inside the 3D model window with the Right Mouse Button.
1.2: Select the option Export SketchUp data and tick the Export textures tickbox in the pop-up window.
1.3: Import the .SKP file in Lumion 5.7.2 and newer.
There is also a plugin (not tested by us): the SketchUp Converter by CDS Bausoftware
The SketchUp export has also been adapted for an optimal workflow with the Lumion visualization software.
2. Method B: Export your model via the File menu
Alternatively, use the File menu to export your Allplan model to an .SKP file (SketchUp format) which can be imported in Lumion 5.7.2 and newer:
2.1: Allplan -> File -> Export 3D Data -> Export SketchUp Data...
2.2: Tick the Export textures tickbox in the pop-up window.
2.3: Import the .SKP file in Lumion.
3. Tips & Troubleshooting
3.1: Why can't you see the model after importing and placing it in your Scene?
- The Insertion Point for the Imported Model in Lumion corresponds to 0,0,0 in Allplan.
- If a model is far away from the Insertion Point in Lumion, you need to move the model closer to 0,0,0 in Allplan, before exporting it to Lumion.
3.2: Why can't you assign a Lumion material to individual surfaces?
- Lumion will always combine surfaces that use the same material in Allplan. If you want to assign a Lumion Material to a specific surface, you must assign a unique material to that surface in Allplan before importing the model.
3.3: How do you replace imported objects with Library objects?
When using this method export the AllPlan model to .SKP (SketchUp) format. Then open SketchUp and export the model to .DAE format. Make sure that 'Preserve Component Hierarchies' is turned on in the .DAE options. Applies to AllPlan 2018/2019 or newer.